defender door locks

Hiya all,

I've bought 3 new door locks for our '93 Defender (because junior found out he could open the back door with just a spoon!) How do the things come to bits? The fronts look like I'm gonna have to either take the inner panel that holds the window winder bits or get new handles and saw the old ones off from the outside 'cos I can't budge the screws. The rear lock looks like I will have to drill out the rivets to get it in half. Surely it can't be this awkward? I had to give up and have another cup of tea,,,,,,

Anybody know better please?

Thanx in advance.

m1

When you take the door card off the front doors you can drill a hole or

2 in the steel thats 'Youre side' of the glass,with the glass all the way up.

Then you can replace just the lock part - its got a phillips screw on the back of it.

Hope that helps.

You dont need to take any more of the door apart than the door card :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

eeeeehhhh! now you've said what to do it sounds so obvious, a sign of getting old,,,,,

thanx man

Reply to
m1

No probs.

Its what this place is for :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

It is?

Whatever happened to: Whiskey, Cigarettes and Wild Wild Women

Reply to
William Tasso