Channel: BBC 2

Date: Monday 8th November 2004

Time: 23:20 to 00:20 (starting in 2 hours and 42 minutes)

Duration: 1 hour.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May present the motoring series. Jeremy goes mountaineering with the new Land Rover Discovery 3, the world's first hydrofoil car - the Dodge Viper - hits the track, and Joanna Lumley is this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Reply to
George Spigot

I thought it was funny when the trim came off!! why the hell would you put plastic trim on the top of the sill? pair of sidesteps or sliders would be better - didn't like the A bar on the front either. but if my company car limit was £1K higher I'd have one!! - looks like the Freelander HSE or a V70

Reply to
StaffBull

Dont think you got the sarcasm mate.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

was there? I bet they didn't take it off-road...... ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

In message , George Spigot writes

Long since gave up listening to anything that prat has to say about cars of any sort, let alone an off-roader.

Reply to
hugh

Um... no. The Dodge Viper did, yes. But the Dodge Viper wasn't the hydrofoil.... which, by the way, I saw in Focus several months earlier. Love that roadster.

Reply to
Torak

Twas copied and pasted

Reply to
George Spigot

On or around Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:07:16 GMT, Torak enlightened us thusly:

I liked the bit where he wrote VIPER on the track in tyre-rubber.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So Austin Shackles was, like

Pity he didn't do it a few months ago with the LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO. That would have been impressive.

BTW, what is it with these guys who like to burn out tyres? Bikers especially. You spend huge amounts of cash on the very best rubber, then waste it in a brief display of drive-it-like-you-hate-it macho exhibitionism. Plus, when you really need the grip, the rubber's cooked and the tread is shredded to nothing. Still, I spose it looks good. Tyres are something I never skimp on, but I try to preserve them as far as possible - I know how many weeks' wages they cost. This stuff goes against the grain.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:53:30 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

depends on who's doing it. The racers do it with a shagged tyre at the end of a race, which is worth sod-all.

as to the other eejits, dunno.

Reply to
Austin Shackles