Didnt last long....

Industrial premises !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

One of those old american Fire Stations has to be the ideal compromise.. with some good ventilation mind if starting a TD in it in the morning. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:53:39 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

cue link to the youtube video of the moscow ring road tunnel...

this ain't it, I got sidetracked:

bit rude, I thought - there's a lot of wind, under the conditions, it looks quite a good landing. Besides, any landing you walk away from is good, having the plane airworthy afterwards is a bonus.

whereas this one...

and this, one of my favourites, is just plain insulting of a very good bit of flying into the old honk gong Kai Tak flughaven. I'd like to see whoever named the clip do better in a 747 - very neatly done, I thought, considering the obvious crosswind. If you search on youtube you can find other crosswind landings at Kai Tak which are much less neatly executed. There are lots of copies of this on youtube...

eh wot? oh yes, the bendy bus...

about 30s in. now for the spooky bit: watch about 1 minute in, and then again in slo mo at about 4:20-odd.

where does the other truck come from?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah I remember that one, looks like the bloody thing is trying to go faster by flapping its tail fish-style. I was more thinking of the risk to other drivers, cyclists and pedestrians after seeing one tooling around in the London traffic recently.

I reckon that's what the first truck driver was thinking!!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:25:31 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah. but on the video, it appears from nowhere. I can only assume there's a bit of footage missing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It's the colour that gives it away really. There's only one like that in the world (Martyn, where are you?)...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

i like this tongue in cheek one

"For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:38:07 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

and then there's this one:

Austin Shackles

Found the place on Google Earth because I didn't believe my eyes the first time I saw it several months back. It is true, the runway is very close to the beach!!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

What about height? ISTR something about not more than 1.8 metres (6 feet in real money) to the eaves BICBW

Reply to
hugh