Disco 1 ABS

Whilst changing the springs and shockers on my D1 today, I noticed that there are 2 brake lines coming from each front calliper. The lift kit I was fitting had extended hoses but only 2 were supplied. When I enquired about this it transpires that my car may have ABS. When I start her up there is no ABS warning light on the dash but there are some kind of sensors in the callipers that have the wires cut, so have I got disabled ABS or could these sensors just be pad wear indicators???

Andy

1993 Disco 3.5 V8i Auto
Reply to
Andy

The ABS cables go in through the top of the upper swivel pin, wires eminating from the calipers/pads are wear sensors (which are often cut off). Unless the little grey cells are having a worse day than I think, Discoverys all have dual circuit brakes on the front, with two flexis each side (prinary and secondary) going to the calipers.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Cheers, I did think this was the more likely explanation! I was working from some pics of a Disco 300 TDi with extended flexis fitted and there is only 1 coming from each calliper hence the confusion. Definitely no ABS as there is no control box etc under the bonnet.

Reply to
Andy