Disco 1" lift springs

or thereabouts.

any thoughts on which ones to go for, which are cheapest, are the cheap ones any good, that sort of thing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Jack Kerouac

Second reply lucky - think the first one went direct to Austin? must be more careful what I click on!

I've heard mention of Bearmach blue from Paddocks are fairly popular a couple of people on DOC have had good things to say about them - there has been mention of bad things about them but I don't exactly know what - but that can be said about most things!

Chris Drop the trousers to email me :-)

Reply to
Chris Ward

On or around Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:18:05 +0100, Chris Ward enlightened us thusly:

it did arrive...

you can find someone to say bad things about almost anything. They do seem a fair bit more expensive than standard ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin,

You only want one inch? If so ... speak to Scorpion. Again people say good/bad things about them. All I know is I have had my +2's on for over 4 years and have had no issues. They will make custom wound spring (from what I recall)

If they don't suit you, they are not too averse to sorting you out an alternative either (as long as you do not damage them).

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:38:04 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

I'm not after hero off-road style. It's not bad the way it is, but another inch allied to some new springs would get it to sit a little higher and probably level. Replacement petrol tank is a tad on the low side, and looks vulnerable, though it's not lower than the bottom of the hitch.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What have you got in now? Stock ones? What colour coding?

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:06 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) enlightened us thusly:

I assume stock standard disco. I've not investigated - it sits slightly on the slant, so probably needs new springs, though none are apparently broken or anything.

it might be that suitable spring selection from the various standard options would get me the results I want. In an ideal world I want standard rate or maybe up to 10% stiffer, with about 1" more ride height.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have all the length & rate data here for standard springs, I'll dig out the papers and see if they tell me the stock disco installation

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Niamh Holding posted:

That'd be an interesting set of documents to look at .. they wouldn't be available anywhere on the 'net would they ??? ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I tell you what; I found the data on the net spread over several sites, most of which seem to have passed away, but when I find the printed copies I'll upload a composite table to the business web site.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Niamh Holding posted:

Heheheh, no worries, thanks .. ;)

With what you've said, I've probably got bits and bobs anyway, I thought you had meant you'd got a single document with all the details compiled in an 'easy suspension settings and lifts for dummies' kinda way .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:33 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) enlightened us thusly:

that'd be very handy. I've seen a PDF with a lot of spring data in it on the web somewhere, but I forget where.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I wish, peering under a vehicle to see what's there can bear little resemblance to what one might expect to find.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:21 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) enlightened us thusly:

heh. apart from anything else, if the springs have been there for 10 years or more, the chances of being able to see the colour code are slim. I notice that Paddock have both NRC2119 and NRC4304 on special offer for about

9-quid-odd apiece at the moment. looking at the available info:

NRC2119: 16.1in.-150lb/in NRC4304: 17.7in.-170lb/in

and standard V8 disco fronts are about 15.5in.-133lb/in. so either of those would make a credible upgrade to the front end, one more so than the other. However, the rear end is more tricky - principally as I've yet to track down reliable data about what springs are actually on it as standard. I suspect that the 4304 above is some sort of rear spring, but may not be as stiff as the original disco fitment.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

OK the embryonic draft is at

The challenge is that different sources list vastly different specs for some of the springs, so if there are any errors please do point them out.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:29:02 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

a bit more study: 2119 looks like about a 10% uprate and should sit about an inch higher, being as it's slightly longer as well.

further looking suggests NRC9462, or equivalent, which is D90 rear heavy duty might make a worthwhile upgrade for the disco rear.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:36 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) enlightened us thusly:

host not found... ah, I see, a missing www.

mind, intersting tracking it down via your personal site.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We had no problem is seeing the colour coding on a '93 RRC we did last year, it's painted on every coil.

Ah, the standard RRC heavy duty lift springs. We should get some in stock at those prices, we can't come close to that from our trade suppliers :(

NTC5527, NRC8044 or NRC 8045 possibly.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Yep, we're in the process of relocating all our hosting, so

is on a redirect right now.

Reply to
Niamh Holding