Disco 1" lift springs

Or even NTC8572

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Ah, I see what you mean! Damn newsreader reset the X-URL header.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Why bother - someone commented on it a good many months ago.

ISTR I replied with a comment about Simone De Beauvoir, long nights sat in the Student Union Bar and whether or not I really did exist :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Because that's the wrong site to be listed for this group :)

Reply to
Niamh Holding

This might be useful:

Simon Atkinson

On or around Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:06:03 +0100, "Simon Atkinson" enlightened us thusly:

seen that one, and while it's good, it's not so detailed on the newer springs. Mind, no-one seems to have all the info - the dual-rate springs, for example, I assume don't *just* have 2 rates and there must be a length at which they change from one rate to the other. Not much point in testing well-used ones, either - they'd need to be new or nearly-new.

Chris Perfect has a test-rig for leaf springs, I dare say it could be adapted to test coils too. the problem is getting someone to supply the springs to be tested - it should be possible to test rate and length (height) at a given load, which is the test we do on the leaf springs -

any spring suppliers fancy giving this a go sometime?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles posted:

In theory dual-rate springs have an infinite, and progressive, rating between the two rates, there isn't a jump from suddenly being one rate to another ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:10:57 +0100, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

as i fort. Not entirely true, though, as in practice the low-rate bit gets coilbound and stops working at higher loads. but it's progressive, yeah.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ho yuss .. like I said 'in theory' .. ;)

IMHO dual-rate springs do work, providing they are used for the right reasons. Too many people see them as an add-on that will cure something else that's wrong with a vehicle, when what they can do is mask a problem, like sticking bushes or bent damper rods ... from experience .. ;)

-- Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Reply to
Paul - xxx