WVA Swingaway Wheel Carrier

Coincidence. I've just put down the new Land Rover World mag and there is a letter in there from someone who has exactly your problem - ie no instructions on how to fit his WVA carrier! He had two and found the second much easier to fit than the first, which is probably not reassuring for you! He also resorted to going to a Scorpion-Racing stand at a show and photographing the carrier fitted to their demo vehicle. Good luck, and if you find out how to do it let us know because I'm in the market for a wheel carrier.

(The writer to LRW was mainly saying about how a huge bend had developed in the handle of his hi-lift jack which was mounted on the WVA carrier. He concluded that water had collected in the handle whilst it was on the back of the l/r and had then frozen, the forces involved bending the steel.)

(Also, how much £ is the WVA carrier? Scorpion annoyingly don't put any prices on their web-site or mag ads.)

Cheers,

McBad

Hello all.

Any one fitted a WVA Swingaway wheel carrier to their Defender? My carrier turned up today, and it looks seriously well engineered, but no fitting instructions. Not even a hint. I've seen an article on fitting one in LRM, but it nothing seems to line up on mine like it did on theirs!

Any notes, pics, advise greatfully accepted. I've had several mugs of tea and it still doesn't make sense. (Though I suspect rather more drilling than I'd anticipated is going to be involved!!!!)

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich,

Not an answer to your problems, but I am interested to know if the carrier will handle 7" rims (modulars) with 265/75x16 tyres. The wheel offset means that the normal back-door carrier wont hold the wheel without fouling the rear wiper etc.

...and if you do figure out how to fit it, post here for the rest of us..;-)))

cheers

simon

Reply to
Simon Coupland

I wont buy anything from Scorpian as they dont mention prices in their ads. Maybe they charge what they like if they like the sound of you or not?

Reply to
Richard

Thanks for your thoughts. Not sure whether it would take a 7"modular. I don't see why not. I'd be inclined to chuck an email to wva and ask 'em the question. I don't have any 7" rims to hand to offer up to it to see unfortunatly. I''ll be hanging 238/85/16s off mine. Didn't realise scorpion sold these, I baught direct from WVA. Good bunch of down to earth guys, and I paid under £200 including the p&p. Interesting about the lrw article - don't suppose they gave any contact details for the writer did they?! I''ve mailed WVA, and I'll probably give 'em a call on monday. I'll post notes/pics once ive got it all done.

Cheers! R

Reply to
Rich