Disco TD5 hesitating

Hi

My TD5 Disco has started to hesitate when accelerating (even lightly) when heavily loaded at high speed, i.e. greater than 70mph. Is this a sign of fuel starvation (fuel filter, fuel pump), or something worse/more expensive?

Thanks Ian...

Reply to
Ian

Air? I was told about an air sensor (on top of the air intake on a Defender) that could cause that when not working properly.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

In message , Ian writes

Could be the old problem of oil finding its' way into the wiring loom from the injector end. Eventually works its way back to the ECU

Reply to
Marc Draper

It could be lots of things, but a quick plug into TestBook might help - I'm thinking that the Throttle Potentiometer may have a fault that needs clearing.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

It is most likely to be the airflow meter that needs replacing. Loads of these go out of range when you floor them. This results in the the TD5 ECM momentarily seeing a 0 reading for the air mass and the engine hesitating.

It won't be the throttle potentiometer, as you would experience the hesitation at different speeds through the gear range.

As Richard says, plug > >

Reply to
ADB

Thanks to all for some great ideas. I'll give them a try.

Ian...

Reply to
Ian