disco 2s

Yebbut, when you park it up for examination, just move the seats forward and say FA, they won't notice if you've got short legs or not. :-)

Reply to
Oily

On or around Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:19:28 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

and more to the point, about 8K more than I can swing financially, right now. I'm being backed into a corner by the authority who are bringing in a

5 year age limit for licensing a vehicle for the first time. It's not in yet, though. So if I don't change the motor in the next month or so, I've got to stick with the existing one until it falls apart or I can afford a 4-yo one to replace it. I'd bank on being able to keep a D2 running and in decent nick longer than the LDV.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

And unreliable, in fact the worse LR i have ever owned, next to my old D2, oh hang on....

Reply to
Nige

On or around Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:42:28 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

Looks like it's gonna be a TD5. Any simple checks for major hassles I should know about for when I go to collect it? Like the infamous oil in the multiplug thing... what should I look for?

Mind, unless it's got horrendous faults, it's a good price.

I'll stop being coy about the details once I've collected it :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Give the ABS a good try-out. )

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

On or around 12 Feb 2009 18:14:28 GMT, "Paul - xxx mobile" enlightened us thusly:

hehe.

It don't actually list ABS. do they all have it? ISTR it being extra along with HDC and so on on the earlier ones?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It will run like shit & not expensive to fix, but a very good bargaining tool.

Check the ABS is cool, check the AS if it has it & check the brake pipes & ACE pipes.

Reply to
Nige

On or around Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:01:32 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

presumably just clean it all up and fix some seal somewhere to stop the oil getting where it shouldn't?

Bloke reckons it's good and tidy, but then he would, innit, he's trying to flog it. Outside pictures look good, mind, inasmuch as you can tell from a photo.

dunno how much of that it's got. Not listed, but that don't mean it's not there, style of fing.

do they all have ABS/AS/ACE or was some of that optional/trim dependent to start with? It's a pretty early one as D2s go, built mid-99.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

With something as young as '99 I'd expect ABS to be standard. It has been standard on cars for a long time.

Air Suspension is always on 7 seaters (for UK models...).

The DII did away with the manual center diff lock, so I think they all have TC and HDC as they are just various uses of the ABS system. I think they bought the manual lock back in for later models, the plate in my new one shows it and I think I saw one or two actually fitted with the right lever but these would be 53 or 04 plate jobbies.

ACE was an option/trim thing, my new DII doesn't have ACE, can't say I notice that much difference from the old one which did have ACE but both were/are 7 seat so air sprung at the back not coils. I was told by the people I bought it off the air springs are stiffer than coils, not sure I believe that mind. There was a recall for chaffing ACE pipes.

There is an online database of recalls somewhere, government run or at least independant rather than individual makers or a group like the AA.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The early ones had the lock components in the transfer box but lacked the means to actuate them. The lock components later disappeared (my

2002 doesn't have them).

so I think they all

Only as an option, I think. Whether that reinstated the internal components to all and just required the actuation means as the option I don't know.

the plate in my new

Reply to
Dougal

I think the real fix is to replace the injector to ECU loom and clean all contacts on the ECU. I think, though this is only what I've read on LRO/Landyzone forums etc, that new Injector seals at the same time goes a long way to solving it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

snip

These are two separate issues. However it does make a lot of sense to do the injector seals if you are already in there changing the harness. Very little extra work and another potential problem eliminated.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks ... I knew the seals were a (relatively) easy issue to solve and thought it might be part of the same ecu wiring thing .... no worries, we all learn a little ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx