Disco 300 TDi immobiliser

How do you find out if it's got one?

I've just been asked if ours has, and while I assume not (M 95 model) it occurs to me that actually, it could have - unless it went wrong, how would I know?

It's got the regular remote locking and alarm-setting thing with 1 button on it.

don't think there's anything in the handbook about immobiliser, mind.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

model) it

mind.

Unlock the drivers door with the key and not the button. Will the engine start? If not you presumably have an imobiliser. I got stuck with flat batteries on my keyfob once and found this out For this reason I always have a spare battery in the ash tray.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Damn useful those ashtrays (although they could usefully be a little larger), we keep the locking wheel nut tool in ours (disco), the unit in the 110 is only good for storing lighters really.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:19:35 -0000, "Andrew Mawson" enlightened us thusly:

I think not then, or I'd have noticed. I didn't think that the early ones had.

Anyway "Police please depart" (reg letters are PFO :-)) has gone into the care of a new patie^H^H^H^H^H owner, I gather a new convert to the creed of the green oval; I think he might post in here sometime, doubtless saying things like "WTF did you do with ...".

I imagine they should be home by now, more or less, other things being equal. I forget exactly what time they left. He's somewhere not a million miles from Derby, if there are any of the regulars around there. Not far from Beamends, I suspect.

Reply to
Austin Shackles