Disco immobiliser.

Could anyone tell me whether my 94 Disco has an immobiliser fitted, the insurance company require proof, I thought it has afactory fitted one - am I right.

Cheers in advance - Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

Sureterm by any chance ???

Cos i had one or two problems getting mine proved if it is :) Dave

Reply to
Dave H

good guess !

Reply to
StaffBull

Reply to
StaffBull

I got my landrover main dealer to say in a fax to them in has an factory fit alarm and its present and ok. If you have a freindly auto electrician they could do the same thing, the haslle i had was getting somone to do it.

Sorry cant answer Re 94 disco and immobiliser.

Dave

Reply to
Dave H

Sorry to state the obvious. Are there any LR security stickers in the handbook or on the windows? Has it got a remote for the doors? If it has, lock the doors with the fob and then open the doors with the key. If there's an immobiliser in working order then the engine won't start.

I just went to Kaids a Local LR 4x4 place and their electrician checked and signed a letter to state it was working to factory specifications.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

Reply to
StaffBull

I tied loads of places and kept getting price of £45 +vat. I think Sureterm will accept any company that is VAT registered and on their headed notepaper.

I got mine done by

for the price of a drink (stiff one :-)) Failing that any autoelectrician that's VAT registered or mobile mechanic.

Ed I must admit it had me banging my head on the wall for a while.

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

whoops

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

If your keyfob has two buttons, one for lock and one for unlock, try starting the car with the fob left in the house. Ones fitted with an imobiliser have a sensor ring in the ignition switch which senses the presence of the fob to disarm the immobiliser. Also there is a warning light on the dash to the right of the speedo, it's red with a car and a key logo, without the fob near the sensor this lights up and the car won't start.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon