Disco brakes

Just going to get some new front brake pads for my 95 V8 Disco. Choice of Ferodo, Lockheed or LandRovers own. Any one of them better than the others? I had Mintex before and didnt seem to stop very well! lol

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

I always treat myself and buy LR ones. I know some people say that they LR ones are just some other random make with a genuine parts label on it but it still FEELS as if they work better. ;-) The prices arent that bad either theses days.

I went to buy a neutral switch for the P38 gearbox the other day. Was expecting an eyewatering price, but turned out to be =A34. Cant fault it

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

GreenStuff for me..

Slightly more expensive, but they are better when it counts.

And they dont leave any black shit on alloys.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Land Rover, of course, don't make brake pads. They buy from Ferodo, Mintex etc. - whoever can meet the Land Rover spec. (which may include adding the LR brand name) at the lowest price.

Reply to
Dougal

Just green stuff on the alloys then?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Or rather annoyingly (if you have them fitted) Brembo's .... and they are a scary price :(

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Ohhh Nice one - the black shit is already becoming somewhat tiresome on the RR.

That said it's just had new pads on it's last service so maybe I'll wait till they meet a natural end and just keep the bucket and sponge handy.

P.S. Master_D's stuff arrived yesterday - He's well chuffed and not all that bad for his first attempts pretty much unguided too. Can you email me a snail mail address as he's wanting to send his thanks :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

aster_D's stuff arrived yesterday - He's well chuffed and not all that

Done.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:21:11 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

My experience of EBC green pads was that they're fecking excellent when hot and not quite so much bite when cold and wet. Overall, though, a better pad.

Reply to
Austin Shackles