disco or 110 county

Hi new to all this so apologies if this is a basic question.

Looking at getting a vehicle for green lane work.

Teenage children will want to come along.

Which is best Discovery or 110 county for this stype of use?

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

Hi,

Welll to be honest with you - I have run a Discovery for Five years and a Defender for 9 months. The Defender is vastly superior and far more able to cope. Go for a Defender as they are far better tow cars. Also the defender will be better in mud and i would suspect the ground clearance is better.

Andy

Defender 110 CSW 2.5TDI - half rust, half metal driving in close formation.

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw
110 without a doubt Richard V8 Discovery V8 90

Reply to
Richard

Next decision is tdi or V8 with an lpg conversion?

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

Space wont be a problem, so is it worth it with tanks in side?

Gerald

clearance!!!

Reply to
Idris

I Love V8's but if it was purely for green laning i would go for tdi. My Discovery is lpg with twin underslung tanks - wot no ground clearance!!! I didnt want a tank inside as I didnt want to loose the space. Richard

Richard

only you can decide that. I prefer to keep available space inside which is why my 90 is petrol only. If I had 110 I still wouldnt want a tank inside. Plenty of people do, just my opinion. The other downside of a V8 is the fuel consumption, when we go off roading we can use a tankful easily in a day. Must be well into single figures. But it does sound nice!!! Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:45:10 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

TDis are less prone to problems with water.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thats why I suggested tdi

Reply to