Disco rear lights

Just spent the last hour changing 2 rear light bulbs.........

Lights in bumper work ok, fog lights, reversing lights ok. But the 2 lights at the top of the cluster don't work at all. All fuses appear ok. Should i have rear lights in the cluster??. Disco is a M reg V8i. And to top it all, have now got flat battery.......bugger.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

There are no rear lights in the cluster half way up the rear wings of my M reg Disco 3.9 ES.

A pity really, I wonder what it would take to add them to make it more like the later model?

Les

Reply to
Dadio

Forgot to mention the brake lights are also ok. Dadio's reply was interesting. Looking at the light cluster, bottom to top, you have Fog, reverse, blank hole, then what i am assuming is the non fuctioning rear lights.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

This is a common annoyance! Due to various real or predicted European safety legislation changes, the M and N reg Discos enjoy a wealth of different arrangements of rear lights!

Some have no indicators OR tail lights in the upper clusters, some have both, some have one or the other, and some have a high-level brake light to add more permutations.

Wish I could remember the address of the helpful website which details the changes and how to fit different systems - if I find it I'll post it.

The main thing to warn you about though - if you're adjusting what your vehicle has, be sure to test the effect on the trailer wiring if fitted. For example, if you fit extra indicators (going from two in the bumper to four in total) I have heard that doing it wrong will confuse (i.e. disable) the check circuit which warns about trailer lights not working.

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner

snip..... This is a common annoyance! Due to various real or predicted European safety legislation changes, the M and N reg Discos enjoy a wealth of different arrangements of rear lights!

Some have no indicators OR tail lights in the upper clusters, some have both, some have one or the other, and some have a high-level brake light to add more permutations. snip.....

This was interesting......

and so was

Les

Reply to