Disco series 2 TD5 wiring loom

Post on behalf of my nutty father who is rebuilding a disco following a localised but very damaging fire. The entire wiring loom is required but the 'brand new official Land Rover' price is a little high. Any ideas on other sources of the above or does anybody happen to have one kicking around tripping up the other half. The disco in question is the top of the range model, I have been told, but I have no other details, so a direct comparison may have to be made between what is left of the fire damaged loom and anything that happens to turn up!

Thanks all

Reply to
John Neal

Thanks all

I think generally they are all the same loom as long as it's the same engine... so on the lesser mortel models they just have a load of plugs hanging around for the absent toys. May be worth checking out a breakers yard though I'd be seriously tempted to splice in the repair properly than replace a whole loom on a modern top of the range motor... most scary thought!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

You need to make sure any donor vehicle has the same features as the one you are going to fit it to, or there will be cables missing.

There's all sorts of cunning plans employed to keep the weight down as more features are added, so using the wrong one can lead to "interesting" results. Rists don't just add extra wires for each feature (as a rule) as per BMW. Centre Taps (where a group of earths are soldered together inside the harness) can be particular fun as potentially dangerous earh loops can be set up. Tread carefully!

Richard (ex-Rists)

Reply to
beamendsltd