discovery 2 HDC

Hello group I was trying to use the HDC on my yr 2000 V8 Discovery, manual gear box, and have found it to be non functioning. The on dashboard display light comes on with the ignition for a couple of seconds and then goes out, as it should but the HDC wont work as it should. I have the high low lever in low and am in first gear but it wont work just 3 dings about 1/2 a second apart when I turn off the switch. any clues or pointers please.

Al Clarke

Reply to
Al Clarke

And less than 31mph and clutch engaged (not pressed)?

What do you get when you switch it on? I *think* the three bongs on switch off is normal.

The bongs actually annoy me, with so many systems all trying to use using the bongs to signal many different states it's rather confusing. I'm not a great fan of talking cars but I think a voice box would have been a great improvement over the bongs (with the option for bongs only of course...).

TBH it has to be a pretty steep hill for the HDC to actually do anything when in 1st Low, by steep I mean > 1:5. At least thats what I have found in my TD5...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice