Discovery 300TDi query

A colleague has just bought a very late model (early 1999) Discovery 300TDi Auto. Having looked at it I have a couple of queries:

  1. It isn't an EDC engine. I thought that all the late model 300TDi Discovery engines were EDC. This does however have benefits as it makes it a lot easier to disable the EGR (which I did for him whilst having a look).
  2. The rear door doesn't fit very well. It is sitting proud at the top and recessed at the bottom. He took it back and they adjusted it improving the fit but still not making it sit correctly. Is this the sign of something more serious or should it be possible to adjust to fit properly?
Reply to
Phil Gardiner

In article , Phil Gardiner writes

Only autos in the UK had EDC.

Reply to
marc

I have the same mis-alignment with the rear door on my Discovery (1996). I'm sure it's adjustable but simply can't be bothered as it doesn't let in water and closes okay.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

So did I! Unless it's an older vehicle that sat around unregistered, or unless it's one built for export out of the EC perhaps? Where are the rear indicators mounted? Does it have the exhaust cat fitted? (These will help prove my theories if they are correct!).

Just poor panel manufacture, unless the hinges are knackered?

Reply to
Llandrovers

It is an auto (see original post).

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

The VIN indicates that it is a 1999 model. I'll have to check with him where the indicators are and have a look, tomorrow, whether it has a cat fitted.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

OK. The indicators *should* be mounted in the rear bumper cluster, and the vehicle *should* have both a cat and EDC! However, ISTR that non EU markets didn't require either EDC or the cat.

*If* I'm right, then I'm not sure what the legal position is........
Reply to
Llandrovers

Is it the original engine?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

It looks to be so, there's no evidence, under the bonnet, of the mountings for the other "rubbish" fitted with EDC.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

Has it had an HPI check (or whatever there called this week) - just a thought.......

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

opps well spotted thanks

Reply to
marc

On or around Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:20:52 -0000, "Phil Gardiner" enlightened us thusly:

It's almost certainly *possible* to make the door fit. It very likely ain;t worth the effort, unless it leaks.

Had a vauxhall van once, the method of aligning the door on that was to grab the door and bend it to the required shape :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles