Help...anyone know of a Discovery 300tdi with Air Con...

Hi,

Went to get the Air Con on my 1995 Discovery 300tdi ES regassed on Monday but the metal pipe that fits between the condensor and the 'fill valve' has corroded. It's the high pressure one and it run's under the expansion tank on the RHS of the engine bay, and clips just next to the suspension turret (about 12-15" long) with a slight bend in it, connectors at both ends.

I've tried a local dealer and could'nt help (never ordered before, don't know how long etc...)

Anyone know of one being scrapped that I could get it from ???

Cheers Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

Had the same problem last week when I went to get the system re-gassed. The part number is BTR7230 and it costs 93squids plus the dreaded vat.

Ken

Reply to
Ken DL

Whats it made of ? Gold ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Can't you just have one made up to fit by an aircon shop?

The high pressure pipe on my '83 RR burst once... I thought we'd been hit by a grenade. The aircon guy fixed it up nice for cheap.

Reply to
Kieran McCoey

Yep, just found the part Today on Microcat in the end. Stupid amount. I'm going to try Pirtek here in the UK to see if they can make me one up. The original looks beyond repair to me but you never know.

anyone know of a air con shop in the Herts area?

cheers Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

Try a refrigeration repair place too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Gavin uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I've got to get one too though mine is on a V8 Efi 3.9 , the pipe sounds the same, is it fitted on the drivers side.. If so go check out part number BTR7230.

By condensor I'm assuming you mean the bit next to the radiator at the front, I may appear uneducated as far as Air con is concerned, this would not be far off the mark.

My pipe has a split right on the corner under the expansion tank , only found when I had the system recharged... green pool underneath the following morning, it has retained some fluid but no where near as chilly as when it was first recharged. I bunged a load of gunk and a split hose with jubilee clips over it but I think it's winning the battle, still 2 years on mustn't grumble.

I'm waiting on a Price from Richard (Beamends) for mine.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Bum...just noticed the other replies...f*ck that! I'll contact my Air con Geezer and see who he recommends for pipe repairs.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D