Washer Jet.

1984 110. One of my windscreen washer jets isn't working, well it dribbles occasionally. How do I get to the back of it to check it out?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Pull. It should come away from the bit attached to the bulkhead.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

What ever you do don't unscrew it or you will need to strip the whole dashboard out to do the nut up again. Thanks guys the sprayshop who chose to try and unscrew mine and then gave up and left them balanced in place :-(

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

You don't need to - its more than likely that the nozzel is blocked - just get a pin and poke out the obstruction.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

He should have two separate jets though, not the later twin in the middle setup and they don't need massive dashboard disassembly - just long thin arms :)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Twas Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:01:45 +0000 when richard.watson put finger to keyboard producing:

tried all that, no joy yet..

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:39:31 +0000 when William MacLeod put finger to keyboard producing:

Time to recruit some child labour I think, Kids! Daddy needs a hand here.....

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

William MacLeod wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@macleod-group.com:

Similar problem here. The retaining nut for the washer jets has obviously fallen off inside the vehicle. But the thought did occur to me to replace it with two singles donated from my Pug

504 collection when I am forced to dissassemble. Oh, and the one to the rear door seems to have a part missing. It fires a single squirt horizontally rearwards which is handy when another vehicle is driving too close.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

The problem with this method is you just push the shit back into the pipework so it can be forced back into the nozzle later having said that it is the easiest method and works short term

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Can you reach it by taking out the dashboard ash tray?

Reply to
Guy Lux

Twas 4 Feb 2004 02:59:48 -0800 when snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guy Lux) put finger to keyboard producing:

My ash tray is above the fuse box, but I think I'll try removing the top of the dash.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas 4 Feb 2004 09:17:52 GMT when Derry Argue put finger to keyboard producing:

LMAO, I gotta get me one of those!

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Wed, 04 Feb 2004 07:51:57 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

there are not many screws holding the top of the dash on... dunno if that helps you get at the washer jets mind.

Reply to
Austin Shackles