Discovery Transmission

1997 Disco Has no 4th or reverse gear drives fine what has broke any answers gratefully received
Reply to
martin freeman

Ok, try giving us a bit more info please, for instance is it an auto or a manual?

If a manual, then I'd suggest something has gone on the mainshaft as the drive is via the layshaft in 1,2,3 and 5. Possibly the 4th gear synchro teeth? Dunno about reverse though, it's a while since I had one in bits. Drain the oil and see what comes out......!

If auto, could be valve block, 3-4 shift valve, reverse valve, all sorts really.

Either way, it's going to be a box strip to fix, or a recon box. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:32:10 GMT, "martin freeman" enlightened us thusly:

the gearbox. HTH.

Reply to
Austin Shackles