Don't blame me, I didn't vote for them. . . . .

On or around Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:12:44 +0000, hugh enlightened us thusly:

I venture to suggest that the politicians know full well how what they say will be reported though, from past experience.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:57:30 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

nope. Annual thing which entitles you to legally have the car on the road. You could still have MOTs and take or send same to a licensing office, to show that it was in usable condition.

But you'd not get the effect that by having insurance valid for 1 week you can go to the post office and get tax, which makes your car *look* legal, and then drive without insurance for the next 51 weeks.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You got that right!

Reply to
David Sillitoe

In message , Austin Shackles writes

So they're cleverer than the journalists - many of whom are paid substantially more money than a minister.

Reply to
hugh

Well, most journalists are paid absolutely jack. There may be a few big earners amongst the columnists but it's the exception rather than the rule.

David

Reply to
David French

I'm completely confused as to why 'what someone is paid' whether politician or journalist has anything to do with the process of spin and media manipulation... ?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother