Donington 4x4 Show

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nah, been twice and got that indoor market feel, which would be OK but for having to pay to get in.

Now if it really was a "Show" then I'd reconsider but for a family of four I spend more getting in than I do on stuff. It was also very crowded and not an ideal place for a family day out (considering last time we went we went with pushchair too).

IMO as long as people going expect nothing more than an Indoor market with the rare display then they won't be disappointed.

Would be a good place to meet folk but for being sooo cold outside you kind of don't want to linger. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are lots of good stalls and dealers there. It just doesn't blow my frock up.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Went there once and that was enough!!. I suppose it's alright if you are local.But as you say,It's hardly a show. It was a nine hour round drive for me,And a very disappointing day out. Spent more on fuel,food and entrance fee than goodies. But i did come away with some one shot grease.

Reply to
bones

Yeah. Much though I have a lot of time for the absent hairy one, and I do know how tight the budget is, I cannot justify driving there and paying to get in, for the sake of meeting up with a few old faces. I did, however, score my best bargain ever at that show - my ally roofbox on Grumble. Sadly, the following two shows didn't inspire me, though.

Reply to
Mother