Drivers footwell flooding

Hi folks, I have a little problem. The footwell on the drivers side, (right), in my Disco one 300 TDi is flooding. It happens even if the car is parked so I guess it is coming in from above rather than from the wheels or underneath. We have looked under the facia, lifted the carpets and that big thick rubber mat and cannot see any obvious signs of entry! My next thought is to remove the drivers front wing and have a look there. My question is this..has anyone else come across a similar problem or does anyone have any ideas as to just where the water is coming in? The car is a 1994 model.

Thanks as always in advance.

Reply to
cyberwraith

so cyberwraith was, like...

Are you sure this isn't just the condensed water from the aircon? Common problem, and much easier to fix if it is!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:05:37 GMT, "cyberwraith" enlightened us thusly:

sunroof.

also check the rubber around the windscreen, but sunroof would be my bet; if it's the tilt/slide type, then it has drain pipes. If not, (should be on a

300, I think) then it's more likely a dodgy seal.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi,

There are two rubber nipples above the gearbox in the body shell, these are your aircon drains. Check they are clear, or you'll get wet carpets :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Thanks for the info folks, but my Disco has no sunroof or aircon! It does have a button which will swap to the internal air rather than external. I was also considering the windscreen seal last night as has been mentioned here. Can that possibly be the cause, there is a large amount of water.

Thanks for the help, Cyberwraith.

Reply to
cyberwraith

And if my series did not flood I would think something were amiss,

Signs of age I guess, given time it will not be a matter of where the water is coming from but where it is not.

Nice to see Land Rovers keeping up an old tradition :(

Reply to
Larry

I imagine that the roof screws to the shell above the 'screen in the same way as the RRC. Check that the screws are tight and all present: mine were not.

Reply to
Dougal

Whip the carpet out, dry the floor off and get the hosepipe out to see if you can make it leak when you're watching!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thanks folks for the info and advice. My Disco unfortunately does not have either a sunroof or aircon! Although I have been considering the windscreen seal as mentioned earlier on. Could that allow so much water in?

Thanks again cyberwraith

Reply to
cyberwraith

The windscreen seems to be sealed ok as we cannot see any taces of water running in from it? Although being honest we have only removed the side covers inside the windscreen and not the entire facia. Still we shall continue as I would rather catch this now in summer than later on in winter, brrrrr.

cyberwraith

Reply to
cyberwraith

On or around Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:48:27 GMT, "cyberwraith" enlightened us thusly:

check around the outside of the windscreen, for any cracks in the rubber. Also check the rubber around the alpine lights, not impossible for water to get in there and re-appear somewhere else.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

not sure if same on a disco, but i have heard that the p38 range rover gets these symptoms when there is a blockage on the heater matrix feed/return pipe. it might need the heater matrix flushed?

Reply to
Bigstoo

Thanks Bigstoo, that is something that I would never have thought about. We will have a look see tomorrow, and it would answer why we cannot find any traces...maybe? I will let you know asap what happens.

Cyberwraith

Reply to
cyberwraith