Tyres & Wheels........

My 90 currently has boost alloys and BFG AT's on it.
Im looking for some muds, and have seen some Toyo County Muds for sale that are fitted to black modulars...
What do people recon to alloys verses black mods, and has anyone used these tyres before?
--
Mark
1996 90 300tdi
wrote in message

If i could I'd have alloys.. but for cosmetic reasons. Logic would say cheap modulars for laning and owt more sinister.
I think the aloys on yours make part of the overall package visually.
Lee D
On 21/11/2007 21:42, Lee_D wrote:

http://images30.fotki.com/v473/photos/3/386139/4728501/IMG_0344-vi.jpg
or
http://images21.fotki.com/v578/photos/3/386139/4728501/IMG_0344copy-vi.jpg
If i get some new ones they will be bigger, so i made them bigger in the 2nd pic :
--
Mark
1996 90 300tdi
Mark Solesbury wrote:

Try the mods in black .. see Nige's, they look the bollocks, IMHO. ;)
--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
about:

I did a poll on MCUK and the black modulars came out well on top hence....
(image is big!)
http://www.zen79997.zen.co.uk/110.jpg
Lee D
black wheels do look pretty good! i'm tempted to go at my white 8 spokes with some black hammerite!

Yup, would look well on the IIa. How is it going? Are we in for a Snow free winter ... ;-)
Lee D
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 02:10:11 +0000, Lee_D wrote:

snow is looking 50/50 at the mo! ;)
ive got a nice shiney handbrake backplate and all new shiney handbrake bits ready in the shed but have not yet had the tuits (or the weather) to reassemble it on the vehicle. If its dry this weekend then snow will be less likely ;)
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:42:31 -0000, Lee_D wrote:

Alloys have a habit of falling apart, not sure of the mechanism but they just crack and drop apart sometimes without warning. I saw the scattered bits of a Police motor bike front alloy that has done just that and no the rider wasn't in pursuit or going fast, just as well really.
Steels just bend if you hit them and are cheaper less to worry about up a lane. B-)
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

plus you can knock the dents out with a sledge hammer.
Alloys, BTW - probably metal fatigue.
Lee_D wrote:

Alloys have a nasty habit of shattering when bashed against rocks, steel wheels tend to just bend a bit (and can be straightened enough with a hammer to get you home).