Electric mirrors

Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to remove the mirror glass on a D11 TD5 the heater does not work.

Reply to
Rik

Big hammer? ;-)

Reply to
EMB

glass on a

White vans seem to work quite well removing Disco lights

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Martin Coombs

On or around Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:23:17 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Coombs" enlightened us thusly:

on the D1 the approved technique seems to be to wind it fully "in" with the adjust motor, then grab the outer edge and pull. I hate doing it though...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Are you sure the heater doesn't work? They don't seem to do much on mine, not surprising as they only dissipate 35W or so sand remember they only come on with the front heated screen. Google back in here for a thread I started about them less than a year go.

Bit easier to check for open circuit and/or power on the appropriate pins in the plug/socket behind the interior trim. Before prising the mirror off and risking breakage.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I can vouch for white vans, several times, grrrr

Richard

Reply to
Richard