Engine Dead L322

Came out this morning. door open, electrics on, turn the key, click, nothing, air suspention inactive and engine failure displayed but no error codes.

Piece of crap. Anyone got a couple of gallons of fuel and a match?

Might just be the starter motor I suppose, no really obvious under there, not like working with the 90..

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

's nackered mate.

Give us a fiver and I'll take it off your hands ... saves on the fuel and matches ... ;)

I'd start checking at the battery for voltage, then battery to chassis earth connection and to the starter .. but really dunno much about the RR, sorry.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Wow that much, I thought it was only worth 2.50, thats what the LR dealer offered me on a part ex.. lol..

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Is the gear selector locking prawl releasing?

As Nige says check the Battery first. Hasn't it been parked a while with a dead gearbox or was that someone elses?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It was the batter Battery..

Didnt consider it as I only changed it a year ago, all the toys worked, it was just slighty to low to turn the motor.

LR Genuine too, 150quids worth.

Bet the warranty is only 6 months

Reply to
Tim Guy

nope that was this tincan, Yeah. 1700quid rebuilt by a specialest cause LR werent intrested.

Sigh...

Reply to
Tim Guy

See . for a fiver you wouldn't have had the heartache.

Too late now though, you missed the window of opportunity. I shall retire L322less, yet again.

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

My Hoppecke has just died on the series after 14 years with no warning, wish I could buy another one. I think it was 5 yrs warranty and about £55. Also had a Bosch on the RR for about 6 years, still going, 3 yrs warranty and only about £25 +vat from Costco on offer.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Ive got a battery on a Suzuki TL1000s, from new, 1998, bike is parked up for the winter, EVERY spring, it starts, on the button, after 4-5 months standing. It amazes me. I am just waiting for it to die but it hasnt yet,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

I think the only thing that keeps my batteries good is when/if they need the levels topping up I use my local spring water.

Reply to
Oily