Engine number??

Hiya,

Had to buy a new block as the one I was rebuildng turned out to have a rather large crack in number four pot!!

Anyway the new block does not have an engine number stamped in it, can I juist stamp the same number of the old one in?? does it have to be a proper number, can I make one up and tell DVLA to change it on the log book? thought about putting my name in it for a larrrrfff:-) prolly not a good idea.

Cheers Dan

Reply to
Dan Allen

Personally I'd stamp the old number on the new block and grind it off the old block just in case someone ever decides to reuse it (though it doesn't sound likely).

Nick

Reply to
Nick Nelson

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 07:51:21 +0100, Nick Nelson spilled forth with the follow words of wisdom:

thanks Nick,

That's what I thought I'd do, put the orig. number on the new block and grind the one off the old block.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan Allen