WTD - Series petrol engine

Anyone got a decent petrol engine for a Series? The favoured option is still a Turner engine, but having spent the day so far digging the old S2 out of the garage I'm thinking that a cheap 'halfway house' might be a good plan for 12 months or so until I get some of the basics sorted out (like seats and doors).

Not too fussy about 3 or 5 bearing or 2.25 or 2.5 - just something with fairly decent compression and no nasty banging noises...

Cash waiting, as they say...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs