FA: 6x6 101 Camper

The 101 is now on eBay.

Full details on

as before. Cheers, David

Reply to
David French

David French uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Good luck Dave! Hope it gets a owner who lives up to his previous Intrepid explorers... whats next up your sleeve?

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:17:54 +0000, David French enlightened us thusly:

I don't (in a quick look, I admit) see anywhere that it's on 20" (and thus non-standard) wheels - we know just by looking at it but others might not.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oops, you're quite right. Rectified. David

Reply to
David French

Any particular reason for the change of wheels, just out of interest?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

They were on there when I got it. But the large wheels & tyres give you extra ground clearance and make it easier to roll over things. Personally I think they're a pretty good size for a 101. The clearance on it is great.

Reply to
David French

Ah, the best reason in the world ;-)

Indeed, I was thinking about tyre availability out in the arse of nowhere. Wasn't sure if that size was more popular or something.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I'd guess that 20" tyres are about as easy to get hold of as

9.00x16's? They are unimog wheels on Dave's 101 (and on lots of other 101's), There are more unimogs around than 101's so they should be easier to get...
Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:40:52 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

20" are (used to be) standard on almost all the lorries. more modern ones have gone over to 22.5" but there must still be millions of 20" ones out there - the 9.00x20 sort of size tyre was fitted mostly to light weight ones, the sort of wagon that's about 12 tons gross on 2 axles.

I assume 'mogs are still on 20", but I've not checked on a new one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Right then - has anybody here got anything to confess? ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nah - but if I'd known it was gonna go for sensible money I might have paid attention ;)

Reply to
William Tasso