feckin' insurance...

all sorts of hassle. can't get insurance for anyone over 70 on a classic policy, 1 lot did offer but won't take a dual-fuel vehicle !!

bunch of nefrubyrf, all of 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They're also on my list of 'those first up against the wall' following the Revolution. Isn't it odd that some ROT13 words are immediately readable...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Not a clue about this, but has anyone ever tried a European Car insurer for a UK car? There is this "freedom to provide services throught the EU" malarkey, but I don't know if it works for Car insurance....

If you're interested Austin, I can give you a luxembourg-based, english-speaking insurance agent. Euro/Pound rates aren't bad at the mo.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

You get the same problems on the other end of the age scale too!

My driving license also runs out on my 70th birthday, so i shall be having more hassle than just insurance by then :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:41:06 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I do rather like that one...

eventually went with firebond, least of all evils.

sadly, shunt last year (50% blame to me, which I reckoned fair, so half my fault) precluded NFU - had that not happened, I'd have been able to put it on my policy as a second vehicle and would've gotten 50% off. But no go, it'd have had to be full whack, which would've been about a grand. Which, had I had the wherewithal, I'd have done, but I didn't.

about 260 sovs with firebond, but only 2 of the 3 drivers I wanted (father too old).

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Book your test early, I have heard of six month waiting lists now!

Reply to
Mark

Six month waiting lists ??!!?? Over here (Ireland), you'd be lucky to wait only 12 months.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew