Series 3 V8 starter motor

Hi,

I have fitted a 3.5 rover V8 into my Series 3 SWB, the engine was originally from a Rover P6. The problem I have is the solenoid on the starter hangs down over and occasionally gets hit by the front prop shaft. Is there a different starter that fits with the solenoid out the way of the prop? If so does anyone know its part no. or which vehicle/engine its from.

Thanks

Liam Hoskin

Reply to
Liam

In message , Liam writes

Can't give exact details off the top of my head but whip down to your local LR parts man and look at the V8 starters. Some have solenoids on top, some underneath. The new style 'small' starters are the best as they provide good performance and lots of clearance.

Reply to
AndyG