fitting an eberspacher heater in a 110Defender

Invertors are normally >90% efficient. "Transformers" (iron based or switched mode PSUs) are better or the same, so maybe 4W or waste heat... not a lot.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've got a petrol one that was used to heat water to bore through ice, it's still on a pair of skis! I offered it to a chap with a converted milk float but he hasn't picked it up yet.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Fine fine fine for all you dieselites for whilst somewhere in the wild world there may have been petrol ebersprachers for those of us who still have spark plugs and carburettors where in the world would you find one for my camper conversion?

s'gonna be a cold Christmas.

Reply to
Larry

fitted to all 101 ambulances...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:14:03 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

though whether they're generally available, or were, I don't know. Nothing to stop you having a small diesel tank just to feed the heater though.

are ambis 12V or 24V, BTW, originally?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

12v split charge, although I'm sure there would have been exceptions
Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Same place as mine - eBay (although they come up less fequently than the diesel ones). There are petrol versions of the ebersprachers D1LC (compact) that I have. Look for a B1LC (B=3Dbenzene=3Dpetrol)

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Larry uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Larry

keep 'em peeled.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

This makes best sense, have red in the heater tank.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Also worth trawling "heaters" under the automotive sections. You need to bear in mind it's a difficult word to spell. many of my ebay bargains have been down to wrongly spelt words. Great for me as I'm mildly dyslexic. Like my sateli..satellie....sky dish.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'll have to see what my petrol one is rated at, I've not had a car with one but work breaks in this weather would make one more sensible than trying to idle the engine, which is bad practice whichever way you look at it.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

In message , Anniebracken via CarKB.com writes

One of our sales vehicles (90 camper!!!) has one fitted.

It works very well, the wife has been using the vehicle for school runs and it is great for defrosting in the morning. You do need understanding neighbours as it sounds like concord is warming up in the drive.

This one has been fitted behind the passenger seat and is very neatly carried out. But that coupled with the air con does mean that the space for passenger is a little restricted.

Reply to
Marc Draper

AJH uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Hardly worth bothering on that score, it's not like they munch through vast quantities of fuel.

There is a 101 knocking around with a diesel one in. It's the GS with a caravan built into the back then cleverly covered with the Tarp.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 19:47:09 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

Dont forget, it runs on..... petrol propane butane diesel........

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:19:13 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

does each heater do that, though, or does each only run on one fuel?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I think Simon refers to the 101 rather than the heater. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D muttered summat about:

not to mention petrol, butaane propane methane and hot air ;o)

Reply to
Graham G

Simon Isaacs muttered summat about:

ya beat me to it... ;o)

Reply to
Graham G

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:21:51 -0000, "Graham G" scribbled the following nonsense:

Amnd there's plenty of hot air around when him and our gloss painted

101 owning friend get together
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs muttered summat about: