FREE: 2.25 petrol engine -- spares

The wife wants me to get shot of "that disgusting heap of scrap" that is in our back yard at present, otherwise known as a 2.25 petrol engine. It's a bit of a non-runner as I have had most of the ancilleries off it, and I was told that the big ends might have gone. It may be suitable for a rebuild or for any other spares.

Pictures are here:

FREE to anyone who wants to come and collect it. I have an engine hoist for lifting onto a trailer/boot of a Mondeo. I'm in Coventry. Reply address works so please reply if you're interested.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

BTW, that pool of oil on the ground isn't a leak, its where the sump nut wasn't put back on and the dregs that were in there have spilled onto the ground!

Reply to
Pacman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Pacman blithered:

Rather inclined to agree with her!

Reply to
GbH

Yeah, thanks for that!!! :-)

What's the normal procedure for disposing of a knackered engine (assuming no-one wants it)? Do I have to PAY the scrapman to take it? I don't think the council will approve if I chuck it in my wheelie bin or leave it on the side of the road!!

Reply to
Pacman

I took an old one I'd had in the garage for years up the local tip^H^H^Hrecycling centre and said "Scrap metal?" and they pointed me a pile where somebody was compacting a cooker with a JCB. They watched us unload and we left.

Conversely a gas cylinder with no valve in it had them throwing their hands up in horror. All it had in it was an inch or so of rain water and they seemed to view it like an unexploded bomb (ticking).

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Our council don't approve either but it doesn't stop me losing the odd auto trans and cylinder head this way (note: the trucks can't seem to empty a wheelie bin weighing more than about 120kg - bit disappointing really).

Reply to
EMB

Take it to your local scrap metal merchant and weigh it in! I got a tenner a couple of years ago for a landy engine.

Reply to
Tom Woods