FREELANDER ad - Should I mention the NEW Engine ?

Need some opinions here :

Iam about to sell my 98 Freelander i ( 5dr wagon ), and have literally just put in a brand new engine, clutch & brakes ( cost me around $13,000 AU all up ), and want to know if I should mention all that in the advertisment ?

I was thinking I'd mention the clutch & brakes, but I'm concerned that mentioning the engine up front in the ad may scare people away....thinking the car has been full of troubles !

Ironically, other than that huge layout, the car has been fantastic...

Cheers,

O [III\ /""III ""\ / III \ snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au

Reply to
Hi-Soft

I'd say it was a major plus point, especially if the mileage is on the high side. Also the later 1.8 engines were slightly modified to prevent the head gaskets failing every 17 miles IIRC. Don't know what engine you have.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

well that's good to know about the new 1.8lt engines....as mine is a brand new one !

The car had only done 50,000 km before the engine replacement anyway, but interesting to know how people see it.... thanks

Reply to
Hi-Soft

I agree....and if someones serious about a freelander

  1. They should be asking anyway.
  2. If they didn't know it was a problem they do now and the other 5 adverts will go on the "no" list giving you the advantage.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

yeah cool, i see your point ... prospective buyers sould no that there were problems...so mine will have the advantage.... thanks..

Reply to
Hi-Soft