Get me new toy tomorrow....

I want to check for oil in the loom, where is the connector?

I found this but it's crap.

Ta

Reply to
Nige

OOPS!! didn't see the little magnifying glass effort!

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Sounds like you need glasses if you can't find your magnifying glass ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

You could be right!

Any news on the unnoficial matey?

Reply to
Nige

Unplug the loom from the ECU Nige, easy to spot at the drivers side next to the battery. My TD5 had oil in the loom and it had tracked all the way to the ECU. Sprayed it out with carb cleaner to clean it up and never had any probs with mis-fires etc.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Andy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Have you replaced it Andy or is there a fix? I seem to recall a new bit of loom being the norm.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

When fitting the new loom it is important to make sure the plug/socket on each injector is free from oil, or at least starts off free from oil.

Brake cleaner followed with a blast from the air line is fine.

I rarely replace the engine loom but just clean the plugs. But always replace the injector loom.

Reply to
Marc Draper

How much are they?

Reply to