FS: low compression 3.5 v8 engine (ex 101)

Because i'm skint, the new 3.9 seems to be working fine and im never going to get round to putting it in the 2A and i need the space the old engine out of my 101 is for sale.

low compression 3.5 v8 with early style heads (short reach plugs)

Heads were skimmed and new head gaskets fitted about 1000 miles before it was taken out to fit a 3.9L. (this alone cost £80)

Engine ran well and would get a 101 ambi up to 65ish

Needs a new cam and followers (current cam is mising a couple of lobes). 2nd hand 3.9 cam available with engine by negotiation.

Has a new set of ngk plugs fitted (fitted along with the head gaskets).

No inlet manifold/carbs, no front timing cover, no dissy or starter motor as they were all used on the 101. You can have a pair of 3.9 exhaust manifolds with it if they are any use to you.

£100 ONO (it cost me £80 to get the heads skimmed and £16 for the spark plugs so i dotn reckon this is too unresonable)
Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:25:12 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

I've got a 3.9 cam and followers in the shed, hardly used. might have surface rust on by now, I spose.

Reply to
Austin Shackles