FS Perkins Engine & Conversion Kit

For Sale - Perkins Engine & Conversion Kit

3.8 diesel Perkins (non-turbo), with complete conversion kit to fit 4 speed range rover manual. Currently being used daily, starts and runs fine.

Please e-mail if interested

Regards

Lee

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

Location, mileage and price would be handy NGB

Reply to
No Good Boyo

Location - Isle of Wight, but I know a cheap couirior ( prob about £50)

Mileage - not sure, but she starts fine, no noises, knocks or smoke etc.

Price - open to offers

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

im looking for a 4236 i think?

well, im not looking, a mates looking for one.

is yours one

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

On or around 3 Feb 2004 21:40:40 GMT, Andy enlightened us thusly:

put it in a series and learn all about how to change half-shafts...

the 4236 is a bit OTT on torque for standard axles.

typical conversations go like:

"cor, sbloody marvellous this engine - I can pull the trailer with 50 sheep in it up in 4th, now"

"bloody useless landrover axles, the half-shafts keep breaking".

note that the RR when they introduced it got a) uprated transmission parts and b) full-time 4WD.

'course, you can put it in a RR... it'll sound like a massey-fergy tractor, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin, What about on a 101 ? Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve

I know someone who had one in a 110

pulled well

over the years he replaced ....

front axle

gearbox

back axle

Reply to
Denis F

nope . sorry , my mates addamant he wants a 4236, hes got a lesser one in at the minuite and specificaly wants a 4236,

even told me hed collect anywhere in the uk if the price was right.

so,

IS THIS ENGINE "LEE" A 4236 ????

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

On or around Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:40:14 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

should be OK - the 101 was designed for the V8 too, and as such has stronger transmission.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 4 Feb 2004 23:03:18 GMT, Andy enlightened us thusly:

I think you'll find the massey-fergy 165 tractor uses it :-)

why not go for a 6354 turbo and be done with it :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

but we STILL dont know what perkins lee`s selling do we???

so LEE..........

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

Straight 4, 3.8 litre.............. that makes it a ????????

enlightened

____________________________________________________________________________ ___

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

    says 231

Reply to
Denis F

Thanks Denis - so that makes it a '4231', right...........

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

I think perkins designated it as "4236"

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

it's probably a 4.236 - I'm not sure if 3.8 is the exact figure or if the conversion is that accurate.........

Reply to
Denis F

On or around Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:13:16 +0000, Denis F enlightened us thusly:

If it's a perkins it's a 4.236, 236 inch which is 3.8-ish litres. the smaller one is a 4.203. There was also a BMC about that size.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My main experience is with 4107s and 4108s, although at present the role is being filled by an OM636.

Reply to
QrizB

had one of them in a MF165 once -

Reply to
Denis F

On or around Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:53:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dev.null (QrizB) enlightened us thusly:

oh yes, tiddly ones. I'd forgotten them. there's a 3.152 as well, ISTR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles