FS Range Rover CSK (and some questions)

My mate has decided that he hasnt got the money to do what he wants to do to all of his fleet, so something has to go :-(

Therefore, he wants to find someone to buy his CSK and give it the attention it deserves.

For those that dont know, the CSK was a limited edition (200 numbered ones) 2 door Range Rover built in 91 (The last 2 door RR's I think). They came in black with lots of nice shiny chrome bits (bumpers etc), and had leather interior, along with ABS and air con. They had 3.9 V8's in.

This one is number 163 i think. Its done ~150,000 miles, and runs very nicely (thats just worn in isnt it? :)...). It has worked for a living in the past, so the paintwork and interior is in 'used' condition. The chassis underneath still looks like new though. My mates plan when buying it was to tidy it up, and bring it back to what it should look like!. He has been struggling though as he wants to spend his money on making his 2A go faster than Lee D's Jaguar 2A :)

Can anybody recommend where the best place to advertise this RR would be? With it being a farily limited model there must be somebody who wants one?

Should he go for some proper adverts in the LR mags? None of us have ever sold a car that was anything special before.. Or is it worth contacting the RRR (will they advertise for non-members?)

Thanks!

If anyone here is interested, then you can e-mail me... I suppose that I should say that i'm in Stoke. We're still working on the price!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Woods

[..]

This is a very valuable vehicle, in historical terms. A good project for someone with the time, space, motivation and ability to do a good restoration.

A 'project' like that is likely to immediately enter for the Darwin Awards!

Send details of it as an 'article', not an advert, to the major landie mags? They like a bit of history - LRE may be interested as James Taylor is into that sort of thing.

I'd contact RRR anyway. I know a few people who may or may not still be closely involved and I never really got the impression that they were too exclusive as not to offer advice (just like the 101 club really. We'll tell anyone that they're rubbish)... :-)

Essentially, whatever it has 'done' in its life is classed as 'history', so any documentary paperwork or even 'personal stories' may add to its value.

Or see if the people behind the Land Rover Experience museum would be interested in it for their collection? (They have a restoration budget).

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Its unnatural isnt it :). I get scared at about 60mph in mine...

Dont actually have much history for it though. The people who had it last liked to drive around with muddy feet and their dogs.. Thats about it :) It has got all the CSK paperwork though (A little plaque thingy i think) which i remember some guys at Gaydon telling me was rare.

I went out and bought the latest LRO yesterday, and this morning noticed that there is actually a CSK in the for sale section at £6k. This one has less miles and a service history over my mates though. Shall have to get a subscription so he can have a free Ad.

Might email them. The have an area representative nearby who has an email address so he is probably a good start..

Is the landrover experience museum the heritage centre?, or is there another one?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Or look at it as paying for an advert and getting a free mag for a year :-)

It is new and due to open next year I believe.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:36:51 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I assume it's known to be genuine?

not casting nasturtiums, just asking. There's always the possibility that it's a lookalike. For example, I know of a non-CSK which sports the chrome CSK bumpers, and very nice they look too - I gather that in theory you can;t buy 'em from LR without a valid CSK chassis number, but there are ways 'round it, or of course you could always chrome a normal bumper...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We'd never considered that it might not be genuine.

Its got the little badge on the dash with the number, and he has all the original paperwork (has a big plaque thingy and a book i think). All the bits a csk should have appear to be there too...

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:39:45 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

prolly is genuine - an easy matter to check the chassis number anyway, there has to be a losy of 'em.

but it calls to mind the fact that it's not too hard to make a TR4A look like a TR4 to the uninitiated, the latter being worth about 3 times as much due to (comparative) rarity value. But if he's got all the bits and bobs, it's very likely genuine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles