Auto TDI Disco?

Any experiences or opinions on the auto diesel Disco's?

I'm embarrassed to say it will mostly be used on the school run and general "here and there", with the occasional (every 4- 8 weeks) medium run (150 miles) and then the annual pan-France holiday trip.

Mind you, if SWMBO isn't watching too closely, it will get green lane'd and even off roaded :-))

I've had a RR ('83 3.5) for a few years and Dad-in-law and Sis-in-law both have manual TDIs...it is just SWMBO needs an auto after some idiot decided to park his car on top of her leg :-((

Any thoughts welcome...

Reply to
Clive

I run a 96 TDi ES auto with all the toys, its thirsty and slow to take off from a standstill but its leasurly to drive.

Pete S

Reply to
Peter Seddon

On or around Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:53:41 +0100, "Peter Seddon" enlightened us thusly:

worth checking that the engine's performing up to spec, and also worth checking that the throttle and kickdown cables are adjusted right. The difference the kickdown adjustment makes has to be seen to believed...

Reply to
Austin Shackles