FuelStar

I have a 300tdi and had a FuelStar fuel filter fitted to my disco recently and cant believe the difference, huge amount of added power and am still on my 1st tank of diesel so will tell you how that goes. Already have some other fuel saving and power increases added so the FuelStar is just another added bonus. Already fitted to my truck are: 2 Hyclones (Awesome) 2 1/2 inch straight thru exhaust with single turbo muffler Turbo boosted upto 20 pounds from 14.9 standard Safari Snorkel

Reply to
Sir Wal

Sir Wal Hi,

I have also installed a fuel conditioning device made by a fellow member of the Land Rover Club of Greece and have noticed an immediate improvement on torque and also consider that the engine has "smoothed" on its operation and appear to sound and feel less "raw" and ruttly.

The device is an electronic emitter of high frequency electronic palses which makes the fuel free its hydrogen and oxygen loose ends and therefore allow it to burn more easily and completely.

They also say that the emissions lower considerably and the engine gets cleaner inside with not only reducing the carbon deposits but also burning those that already were created from past use.

I am currently measuring fuel consumptions and will do so for the next 10 complete fuel tank fill-ups. Having kept full fuel consumption records for my cars since I first bought and started using them I know that the car I have installed this device (called CLEAN POWER) has returned an average fuel consumption of 13.7 lt of diesel per 100 km for the last 3 years, so I hope to be able to compare that to the new figures of fuel consumption. The car is used mainly for everyday driving away from traffic jams (I live in a small city outside of Athens,Greece and we have to traffic lights or heavy traffic) and highway driving with speeds up to 130 - 140 Kph. The car is a 3 tonnes heavy ex Camel Trophy Discovery 200Tdi fitted with the standard heavy roofrack, bullbar and extra equipment doing nothing good to fuel consumption especially on higher speeds.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

What, if any difference did the "Hyclones" make on their own?

Reply to
Caploc

Hmmm...I am very cynical of these "more power and better fuel economy" snake oil products, so I did some research, and came across this little gem :-)

Neil Brownlee

On or around Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:32:45 +0930, "Sir Wal" enlightened us thusly:

etc.

Snake oil, anyone?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:52:01 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

PLEASE tell me this is a wind-up. I want to believe it, but then again...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin,

You and me both ;-) See my post ^

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Almost definitely - if only because he claims to be running his Turbo at

20PSI - I have it on pretty good authority (three competing groups of individuals agreeing) that the T45 is good for about 17 PSI above which point the bearings tend to do nasty things.

On the other hand, if he can afford to fit snake oil addons then he can probably afford a new turbo at some point.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown