gearbox swap?

Hi all, I'm 'fixing' my 110V8 again, getting rid of the 'clunk' from the transmission. The way I'm doing this is to swap gearbox and transfer box for Ashcroft replacements, 'cos there's more wrong than just the clunk :0) However, mine has an LT85SC box, with a 230T transfer box. What I want to know, is can I replace my main box with an R380, without any other alterations? Has anyone done this, or similar, does the gearstick line up, is the slave cylender in the same place, with the same fittings, will I need a new bellhousing???? You get the idea :0) Oh, and are the splines on the shaft the same, and is there any wierdness about clutch location on the spline. Help!!!

:0)

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

Hi all, I'm 'fixing' my 110V8 again, getting rid of the 'clunk' from the transmission. The way I'm doing this is to swap gearbox and transfer box for Ashcroft replacements, 'cos there's more wrong than just the clunk :0) However, mine has an LT85SC box, with a 230T transfer box. What I want to know, is can I replace my main box with an R380, without any other alterations? Has anyone done this, or similar, does the gearstick line up, is the slave cylender in the same place, with the same fittings, will I need a new bellhousing???? You get the idea :0) Oh, and are the splines on the shaft the same, and is there any wierdness about clutch location on the spline. Help!!!

:0)

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

Haven't done this myself, but from my own experiance with lt85s,

clutch will be on the wrong side nearly certain you'll need a new bellhousing gearstick will be in wrong place (and it's a different gearstick at that, so you'll need a new gearbox tunnel perhaps) you might need different mounts... don't know about the splines. I'd want to know about the input shaft length though... just to add to your worries!

Let us know how it works out, for reference ;)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

It would seem not. After a conversation with Ashcroft's, the only changes are cosmetic, plus 1 alteration to the transmission tunnel, as the stick is 2 inches further back, which includes a 'slight' adjustment to the seatbox :0) I'm a little worried about things like carpets and gaiters, but the benefit of the r380's internal pump is weighing heavy....

`Mark

Reply to
Mark