Green Laning - Sunday 14 Dec

Anybody going greenlaning on Sunday December 14 anywhere near Lincolnshire. Need to get a break from baby poo..................

Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

Foxhunter posted ...

I'm in Doncaster and up for a day out in Lincolnshire, if you want some company .. but I haven't got anywhere specific to go, and having lived in Nottingham until April this year don't actually know too many (read only 1 and that's not strictly legal) local green lanes ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Thought about joining Greenlane Association? Thier area rep will be able to inform you of greenlanes you can and can't drive.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

They have a list of lanes viewable by members with a link to a map - at least they did the last time looked.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:42:41 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

in two minds about them at the moment. I got onto their bloke for this area about abuse of a lane 'round here, and got a relatively unhelpful reply about how the council ought to maintain it. In theory this is true, but in practice that's flying pig territory. The council can't even afford to maintain the normal roads properly.

a more practical answer would have been some voluntary restraint - as it is, the locals are getting up steam to have it downgraded, and having looked at the problem, I can see why. However, a voluntary restraint might have saved the situation. As it is, eventually, some bod from the council will be stirred into action, will see the damage caused and it'll probably get closed, temporarily or permanently.

lane in question goes across/through an SSSI, and the amount of off-piste activity carving up the scenery is totally unacceptable. As to the track itself, there's no way I'd get my standard 110 up it, such is the condition of it ATM.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Alex posted ...

Yeah, we have a few, Glass, DOC and LOC we are 'going' to join .. when we get round to it. I guess we'll join when we renew all our other club subscriptions in early January, so they all get done together .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx