Gun clips - what sort of gun?

ROTFL

LOL Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

Designed by FN (Belgique) but built under licence in the uk, I believe.Or so I was told in 1982!

Unless you're in the Air Force, in which case you'll need to make do with the A1 for just a little while longer til they buy more A2's. Made, incidentally by the Birmingham Small Arms co. (Yes, BSA!) but they dropped the "B" off the front for corporate image reasons. An older design than it looks, it was offered to the military originally as a replacement for the LeeEnfield .303!!!!!!

All personnel except aircrew, officers and police. They all get a piddly little hand gun, can't remember what it is.

At least with the SLR if you ran out of ammo you could use it as a "chib" quite successfully and it would still fire ok when you got more ammo. Do that with an SA80 and it'll fall apart!

Can't beat an LMG! Teehee. Lighter than a Gimpy and a lot better than the L86, as long as you don't get any runaway's apparently!

You can put 30 rounds in it ok.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 25/2/04 9:25:

Reply to
Rory Manton

Based his design on the German Gw 43, they (the germans) were the first to consider a shorter less powerful cartidge for an assault weapon that could replace the need for squad automatics hence an increase in firwpower for smaller units

Reply to
Hirsty's

From the good old "shoot to kill" manual (which of course never really existed): effective enemy fire is when comrades around you begin to fall as a result of being shot :-)

LOL Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

Twas Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:29:02 -0000 when "Badger" put finger to keyboard producing:

I'd still rather have a belt or box for that role.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

He certainly was about two years ago, the Daily Telegraph had a piece about him meeting the M16 designer and comparing notes - and lifestyles.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm sure any plods who take offence will ensure appropriate first aid after application of reasonable force ;-)

Hell... they may even come with an ambulance...

My only concern is if the rozzers , fluff or filth get to know from the pigs snout that the plod are getting all soft they may send the bizzies if so just act natural.

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Hmm. I have several terms for the Police Service(*) but none of them are complimentary.

Alex

  • (what's the difference between a police force and a police service? Seems since they've been calling themselves a "service" the "service" has gone way downhill)
Reply to
Alex

in article 403d0875$0$17845$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk, Lizzy Taylor at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 25/2/04 9:40 pm:

The police or Alex?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article 403d0b6f$0$17845$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk, Lizzy Taylor at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 25/2/04 9:53 pm:

Not Alex then.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

It looks like youve just been pulled over in those pics.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I guess that I have a few names for police officers too. 'Sister', 'brother-in-law' and 'cousin' are amongst them...

Odd, none of them ever buy a round and they're all crap at rolling spliffs... The yoof of today eh?

Reply to
Mother

Bananas.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Well which fits the description "Bent, yellow and hang(s) around in bunches" best ?

Lizzy

Reply to
Steve

Well which fits the description "Bent, yellow and hang(s) around in bunches" best ?

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Oh a bite.....

Yes It's sad that everyone has a horror story to tell these days... but they do make so much better reading and stick in the mind better than the dull and borning everyday stuff which no one cares to repeat down the pub... In fact the rozzers are just like buses never one there when you want one then three come along...... one can't stop , ones u/s and the others going the wrong way. I blame the bus mechanics :-) , it's all their fault otherwise there would be at least one useful bus. Then the Police could get on with policing instead of wondering what all this talk about buses is and trying to imitate them purely to keep up public perceptions and keep to schedules that just don't work.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:14:52 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

I had an idea he'd died now though. could be wrong.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, I am bent, and sometimes I hang around in a bunch. Just not yellow.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Does that make you a copper's nark then Martyn? I shall have to watch what I say around you. :-D

And are those roll-up to smoke endlessly JUST tobacco?

Alex

Reply to
Alex