how many heaters in a series

Nothing specific comes to mind as a source, but check the adverts in one of the classic car or kit-car magazines (in the UK at least).

I'll venture to suggest such magazines are worth an occasional look, as there is some overlap with the Land Rover world. Especially if you have a V8.

(I run an old Ford Sierra, and since the engine in those is widely used in kit cars there can be useful articles on that.)

For those holes in the bulkhead, maybe sticky-backed plastic?

Reply to
David G. Bell

Discovery. too, as I recall.

As I recall, Series indicator and sidelight fittings are widely-used parts.

Reply to
David G. Bell

You could of course get an Arctic Heater Kit, modify it and install somewhere suitable. It put out enough heat to roast me in my old Lwt despite the speed and number of holes in the floor/body and canvas truck cab.

Beth

Reply to
Beth Clarke

I obviously keep track of part number changes, and sometimes manufacturer part numbers. To make things easier for our customers I add "old" numbers (as found in old parts books etc) as unfilled entries in our stock system with a "Use AAAnnnn" enrty for the description, and these appear in our stock lists on our web page (sometimes even in the right place!). The detective work can take a long time, particulalry since Bearmach changed their web site a couple of years ago -it used to have part number histories on it, very, very useful. To my point - how about a scheme where you send us any relavent info about part number changes (old Series I and II to modern for example, or B&& clutch numbers. Lucas numbers etc etc) and wel add "Rover" numbers to our parts list, and create a page on our site cross-referencing them to manufacturer numbers. What's in it for us? Well, we get the numbers to make our lives easier, and you get a (hopefuly!) difinitive history of part numbers and their assocociated manuafcturer codes - and sometimes the right parts! How does that sound?

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

That depends on the scrap yard and if you know the bloke who runs it. Just bought a sheet of aluminium to line the inside of the trailer for less than £10. Slight damage down one side, but nothing drastic. Local ali stock holders £60+vat for same size sheet.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:52:01 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

I had a 1961 SII ragtop like that, as far as I could tell, it'd never had a heater fitted. Used to carry de-icer to spray on the inside of the windscreen.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:48:34 +0000 (GMT), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

funny you should mention that... the hole where the clutch pedal isn't any more is taped up with brown parcel tape...

Reply to
Austin Shackles