body work in chicago

Hello,

Can anyone recommend someone in the greater chicagoland area who does good body work and painting? I have a 70 beetle that needs it baaaad. Thanks, Deno

Reply to
Deno J. Andrews

how bad is it? Most don't like to do restoration work. :-(

I think the Sun-Times or the Trib. did a write up on someone that owns a bodyshop and did a complete restoration on his son's Beetle recently. I will see if I can dig that info up somewhere and somehow. But if you check their archives maybe you can find it. later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

It's actually not that bad. I am looking for someone to fix up the body parts that need some bondo or whatever, and prime the car. I have an artist friend who is going to paint the car by hand with enamel paint, after which I would like to body guy to spray some clear coat over to seal it up. This is more of a fun project than a restoration...so the work doesn't need to be perfect. Thanks for your thoughts. Deno

Reply to
Deno J. Andrews