HT coils !!!!!!!

Hi all bit off topic but its for a range rover so I suppose its sort of related. I need a coil for a 6 cylinder engine and don't know what to go for, would any old coil do or does it need to be suitable for a 6 cylinder engine to take in to account the recharge time between sparks so would a coil for a jag do and would it be a ballasted one !!!!!!!!!

Richard

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

A coil for a kettering ignition system (ie points) is pretty much the same regardless of the engine. I can't comment on whether you'll need a ballasted one (not having done much with 6 cyl Rovers). If you're not a rivet counting type I'd go for one of the Bosch transformer type coils (GT40 or GT40R) as they seem to provide a better spark with less current draw.

Reply to
EMB

If you're not a

And besides, you could then put a "Powered by GT40" graphic on the bonnet.

mmmm GT40

David

Reply to
rads

It's the same coil for 2.25 and 2.6 - nothing fancy required.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Ok thanks for the input by all....