IIa 1966 Ex Fire service Support vehicle MOT

When I get the tax form it does not need an mot certificate to get road tax.

Is this mot exempt? or just a strange c****p?

Jon

Reply to
Jon

I have a friend who's dauhter runs a Novelty Hire car business Limo's etc they have a Dennis Fire Engine that is MOT exempt as it still has all the fire fighting equipment fitted .......go figure

So could be true

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Yea but this was never a fire engine only a support vehicle (has a 50amp Rolls Royce alternator instead of usual dynamo , aux sockets 12v behind passengers seat and different amp meters in console from normal iia). It still has a fire extinguisher in the dash equivalent to the original, maybe that's enough.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

As far as I'm aware all Fire service front line appliances are MOT exempt, they have to pass a much more stringent test on the annual service, this odes apply to support vehicles as well, the IIa would have been such a vehicle

Reply to
murph