IIB Forward Control Parts Catalogue

Hi All, anyone know where a IIB FC parts catalogue can be got from (at a reasonable price!).

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

The 101 FC club sells them for a very reasonable price IMHO

Steve

101 club treasurer ;-)
Reply to
steve Taylor

I'm not a member!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I am matey!

Reply to
Nige

Moral, read subject before opening mouth. Sorry, not for the IIB FC.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Alastair might know where to get one from?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Any specific part you want?, a friend of mine has/had one and if he still has it I could scan it if you want.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:46:36 +0000, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

for a IIB?

IIB 101FC

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Keep reading.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

A IIB FC shirley? One of those rather nice looking forward controls, not a 101FC for sure but I thought the FC clubs covered the 101FCs and the earlier machines.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

the 101 club obviously only covers the 101 variant (otherwise the name would be wrong!) and not the IIA/IIB versions..

Reply to
Tom Woods

Well, it does actually say IIB is not equal to 101FC.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:22:45 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

quite. and there's no such thing AFAIK as a non FC IIB.

I'm sure I've seen a FC ambulance on a 110 coil-sprung chassis, as well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The only coiler FC I know of (as if that is anything to go by...) is the ill-fated Llama. It is a real shame that LR never went forward with that (no pun intended), since it looks like a worthy competitor to the Isuzu (or whatever badge they use now) FC pickup.

There was once a grainy photo of a (seemingly) home-made 110 FC minibus type thing in LRO, but no details, and I've not encountered it again. OTOH it might have been an April Fool.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Thanks for the offer - I just want it for a) idle curiosity (I nearly bought one a while back) and b) I now have two customers with them, and better to have a book rather than have to work out which bit came from where by inspection!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Not at all obviously just from the name, some car clubs deal with closely related vehicles, e.g. pinzgauer clubs dealing with haflingers, VW camper clubs selling some parts for early beatles and so on. It's fairly common.

I thought there was a Forward Control Register, but it seems you're a snooty lot and it's the *101* Forward Control Register ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

There's a couple of IIB's on coil spring chassis - probably not too difficult a conversion (in feasability terms) since they

110".

There's at least 2 real ones around, converted by a coach building company (can't remember who) - one of which was stretched to something like 120" and looks decidedly like it was built buy the same Macano freak on acid that did the Series I Station Wagon! One of the mags did an article about 3 years ago or so. I seem to recall it was something to with the Royals originaly, or was thought to.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

"beamendsltd" wrote :-

It would be just as bad as converting a 109" Series chassis, it has the same main chassis rails but extended by 1" at the front and different outriggers, mine has chassis no. 56.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

The one I saw used the Defender 110 chassis.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

we'd have been the FC club and register then not the 101FC club and register if we catered for the older ones too was my point! :)

There isnt really a lot of similarity between the old FC's and the 101 as far as i know (apart from them both being FC's and landrovers). I think the 2 models are better served by there being 2 clubs..

Reply to
Tom Woods