200TDi 90 hard to start...

Belated happy New Year all,

Does anyone know why it takes approx 15-20 seconds to turn over/start my 200tdi 90 from cold when the tank is half full and below (gauge has been checked and is reading correctly). When the tank is anywhere between half full and full it starts on the button from cold, no problem. It's fine when it's warmed up and will start up on only the whiff of diesel.

Any answers anyone? Gavin

Reply to
GS

Lift pump knackered and a leak around the filter or injector pump area causing fuel to drain back to the tank overnight?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Don't know if 90 is the same but I had a problem with my Disco losing power when tank half full. Apparently, there is a cone like structure in the bottom of Disco tank, with a hole for the fuel to come out of in the top of the cone. There are two smaller holes in the base of the cone, at the bottom of the tank. When blocked with crud from the shitty diesel we get here in Zim, the small holes block up. Once tank below halfway, you don't get sufficient fuel flow.

My problem was solved by having the tank removed and cleaned.

Hope yours is this simple!

Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Oily wrote:

Reply to
Graham Carter

A hole haf way down the pick up pipe could cause it

Hope this helps

Icky

Reply to
icky