Illegal use of ROW

On or around Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:45:08 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

all good stuff. I wonder what the PTB would say if we did a bit of self-policing on the nefrubyrf, presuming we could catch and identify 'em...

ferexample, people with excessively noisy vehicles, we could add 2Kg of sugar to the fuel tank (does that still work? it's highly traditional) or similar. That should make them quieter, and by the time they've got it sorted and got home they might have had time to think...

The majority of off-road bikes I see, on or off road, are excessively noisy

- 2-strokes are more obvious but that's partly 'cos they make a more irritating noise. Perhaps what we need is to carry 2 lump hammers, then we could flatten the ends of too-noisy exhaust systems to reduce the noise.

That video of the bunch of bikes made this point as well: you couldn't hear what was being said until the engines had been shut down. Engines at idle should be quiet enough, even a bunch of them, to be able to have conversations beside, and in off-roading for almost all the time there's no need for excessive right boot or wrist action - the limiting factor is almost always the grip of the tyres and in any sort of slippery going that's only going to be enough to transmit about 20 BHP.

of course, if we did resort to sabotage etc. to stop the nefrubyrf, then it's entirely likely that we'd all end up in dock and they'd get off scot-free.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:48:12 GMT, "Patrick Manuel" scribbled the following nonsense:

not even DEFRA are sure of the NERC act, so if they don't know, how are we meant to know?

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I did wink!

AJH

Good point!

Reply to
Patrick Manuel

On or around Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:07:33 +0000, AJH enlightened us thusly:

so you did. Mind you, 14" ground clearance ain't that impressive given the size of the wheels.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Aha, I suspected it was something agricultural!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

No but it's because of the way the front axle is mounted under the sump casting. One of the attributes over similar conversions was its lower CoG.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

If you got some wheels that were a little bit bigger, you'd be able to flip it over and still drive it ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

of course not - the point is that so long as the journey is legal there is no right to question the motivation.

of course not and personally I can't think of anything more dull than travelling in a 'large' convoy but I have no issues with others that feel the need, so long as their journey is legal.

If a route is open then it is open full stop. Any misuse is down to each individual, whether accompanied or not, and any alleged transgression must be tested in a court of law.

Reply to
William Tasso

When i got the KTM some herbert had fit a pipe that was so loud it was stupid, I got a KTM Q pipe as i aint into pissing other folks off. Even that though, at the side of ther BMW i just got is massivly loud for no reason. It's the 'look at me' brigade that i can't stand. Loud & stupid normally.

I do agree that most off roaders are way too loud though.

Reply to
Nige